Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. All opinions are mine alone. #SToKCoffee #CollectiveBias #cbias
[Packing Tutorial] Prepping for Your Hike at Great Falls Park & Tackling That Summer Bucket List with the Help of SToK™ Iced Coffee
My summer bucket list wasn’t a long one. After living abroad last year, and enduring quite the chaotic winter and spring, I was looking forward to a laid back and peaceful few months. Originally all I wanted to do was go to the beach, drink my morning iced coffee, and read as many books as possible (check, check, and check!) but as the weeks progressed my bucket list grew, and grew, and grew.
I don’t know what it is about this time of year – there’s something about the summer that just brings out the little kid in me. Life seems so full of possibility and adventure, and there’s an almost tangible excitement in the air. Suddenly I had a very long list – and wasn’t sure where I was going to find the motivation or energy to accomplish all of these lingering tasks.
Cue: SToK™ Iced Coffee
Although I didn’t have any major travel planned (due to budgetary restrictions), there was still plenty to do without ever having to step foot on an airplane, or even leave the state. Northern Virginia is most popularly known for its proximity to Washington D.C., and the abundance of historically rich museums, battlefields, and memorials, as well as the booming growth of its very own wine country. With the help of my caffeine addiction (& SToK™ Iced Coffee), I checked off items on my list one by one.
Still remaining was hiking the trails at Great Falls Park and viewing Mather Gorge, one of Virginia’s most treasured natural beauties. So with only 30 days of summer remaining, I decided it was time for to hit the trails!
To prepare for our hike – my boyfriend (aka camera man/tour guide) joined in on the adventure – we headed straight to Walmart to stock up on our favorite flavors of SToK™ Iced Coffee. I’m a chocolate lover so I grabbed SToK™ Chocolate Cold Brew Coffee for me, and the equally delicious SToK™ Unsweet Cold Brew Coffee for him. At home we gathered all the essentials for our big day. Once we were packed and fully recharged, we hit the road for the 30 minute drive to Great Falls Park. Here is everything you need to prep for your own hike!
WHAT TO PACK FOR YOUR DAY TRIP TO GREAT FALLS:
- Backpack – to store all of your essentials.
- SToK™ Iced Coffee – to keep you motivated, alert, and refreshed along the trail. We each packed our own 48 oz bottle in our backpacks, but I liked to use my smaller water bottle filled with ice for easy access and to keep mine extra cold. (It was 90°F out!)
- Great Falls Park Map – so you don’t get lost on over 800 acres of land. With 10 hiking trails and 3 jaw-dropping scenic overlooks, trust me you’ll want one. (You can grab one at the visitor’s center at the entrance to Great Falls Park, or print it off online in advance.)
- Camera or iPhone – to capture those breath taking views.
- Sunglasses – to protect your eyes, especially on a bright summer day!
- Towels – this one sounds a little silly, but I always bring a towel or two when I go on outdoor adventures. For one, if it’s hot out you’ll want it to dry off after hours of sweaty and grueling hiking. For another, it’s great to have to use to sit down on in muddy and dirty rest areas, AND you can cover yourself if you’re getting sunburnt.
- Water – in between your big gulps of SToK™ Iced Coffee – hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
Beautiful views await you …
[The incredible view of Mather Gorge from scenic overlook #3]
Thanks for keeping us fueled SToK™! 😉
Looking for your own SToK™ Iced Coffee? I found mine at my local Walmart in Sterling, VA, in the very back of the grocery department in the “dairy” aisle! They offered both the SToK™ Chocolate Cold Brew Coffee & SToK™ Unsweet Cold Brew Coffee varieties. (see below)